July 14, 2011
Reception at 11AM | Luncheon promptly at noon
San Francisco Marriott Marquis | 55 Fourth Street
Paul M. Smith
Partner at Jenner & Block LLP, Paul Smith has argued thirteen times before the U.S. Supreme Court, including the landmark case Lawrence v. Texas, which changed the landscape of LGBT rights. Smith won the American Bar Association’s 2010 Thurgood Marshall Award, is a former board member and Chair of the National Board of Directors of The American Constitution Society, and is Co-Chair of the Board of Directors of Lambda Legal.
Pamela S. Karlan
Kenneth and Harle Montgomery Professor of Public Interest Law and Co-Director, Supreme Court Litigation Clinic at Stanford Law School
Recipient of the Mathew O. Tobriner Public Service Award
Carlos R. Moreno
Now Of Counsel at Irell & Manella LLP, Justice Moreno has throughout his career as a lawyer and jurist worked to abolish poverty, race, sex, and national origin as obstacles to justice.
Civil rights attorney and voting rights advocate.
Anniversary Luncheon Committee
- Honorable James L. Warren (Ret.), JAMS, Chair
- Christopher T. Heffelfinger, Berman DeValerio
- Aaron Kaufmann, Hinton, Alfert, Sumner & Kaufmann
- Louise M. McCabe, Troutman Sanders LLP
- Samuel R. Miller, Sidley Austin LLP
- George M. Newcombe, Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP
- Roxane A. Polidora, Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman LLP
- James M. Schurz, Morrison & Foerster LLP