The Legal Aid Society-Employment Law Center is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Communications Intern. The intern will be responsible for supporting LAS-ELC’s mission, programs and brand identity through online communications (including website, social media, e-newsletters and blog); print communications (including press releases, flyers and brochures); media and public relations; and marketing and outreach campaigns. The intern will also assist in tracking and compiling information about LAS-ELC’s work and its online presence.
- Assist with development of press releases, brochures, website updates, email blasts and social media updates;
- Develop and implement a social media strategy in order to grow LAS-ELC’s social media presence;
- Assist with maintenance of LAS-ELC’s website;
- Research journalists and outlets covering topics related to LAS-ELC’s work;
- Compile and organize media lists;
- Interview LAS-ELC clients and create a database of client stories for use in communications work; and
- Maintain database of LAS-ELC staff media and outreach activity.
- Current enrollment in, or recent graduation from, an undergraduate or graduate program of study;
- Major or specialization in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, English or relevant experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with social media and website management preferred;
- Highly organized with attention to detail;
- Energetic, self-starter, with flexible and positive attitude; and
- Strong team player and ability to work cooperatively with others.
How To Apply
- LAS-ELC gives preference to students who are enrolled in, or have completed, a graduate program of study.
- LAS-ELC actively seeks diversity and welcomes applicants from every racial, ethnic and cultural background. We also welcome LGBT applicants.
- Please send a cover letter detailing your interest in the position and organization, a current resume, and a writing sample to the attention of Sara Feldman (firstname.lastname@example.org).